Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy for the small things

  I have the day off today and stayed up way late last night watching Craig Ferguson.  Just not having to work and enjoy my coffee without the rush off life is a treat!  I am so fortunate to have my own little studio apartment and my car that is falling apart (but I have a car!)  In these days of recession living in the second hardest hit state with unemployment in the country, it is indeed the small things in life to celebrate!  I can choose to see how many packets of soup my two dollars will buy me, and play the game of seeing how many red lights I can avoid so I don't have to touch my broken brakes.  But that's the whole point...I can.  At least I have the two dollars, and the car that is noisely falling apart, the bills I can't keep up with, and the apartment I am always on the verge of losing.  I'm not sitting on a dirt road in an underdeveloped country, unable to find food and sitting, unsafe in the elements, where harm can easily find me.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment